andy yzf

PostSubject: Mike allessi teting 2011 ktm 350 f   Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:14 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
4thGearPinned
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mike allessi teting 2011 ktm 350 f   Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:24 pm

Looks like you KTM riders are getting Linkage for 2010, but i guess most of you probably knew this already.

I've heard all the rants that this will spoil KTM and " I will never buy another if they change to Linkage" , But being completely honest , as we like to be on 4thGearPinned , Will your average weekend warrior ever notice the difference or even benefit from the difference.

There really is only a handfull of riders at the track who can ride a 250F to its full potential and would notice.

All these tricked up exhaust systems , Can you really tell the difference to standard , I don't think so.

A friend of mine who is a Motocross Coach said exactly the same, If you learn how to power shift, you don't need any fancy exhaust system....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy yzf

PostSubject: Re: Mike allessi teting 2011 ktm 350 f   Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:46 am

i never rode a ktm yet but i know there the fastest out of the crate (stock)
i always avoided because of the reliability (gettin ready to be beat by the ktm clan lol) but i like the sound of the 350 loads of power with the weight of a 250f and with a magic button to start lol

i agree with you there aint many people who can work a 250f to its limits at club level
but as with the aftermarket exhausts ect i dont agree
last winter training i used to ride a 125 stock and the same bike tricked (polished ported procircuit pipe ect) at a private track i use at holmes chapel and was 5 seconds a lap faster on the bike with the bolt ons
i have just turned my 2006 250 yzf in to a 315cc (290cc big bore with a 3mm strocker crank polished ported gas flowed stage 2 hotcams ect) to run in the mx1 class but tried the 450 and it was just to heavy (im 8 stone)
i got the bike jetted and when run on the dyno i got 35.5 bhp with stock pipe i used for 3 weeks on same track to get used to power increase
i was only 3 seconds a lap faster than riding the stock 250f
re-run dyno with leo vince x 3 (nothing eles changed) and got 37.5 bhp was 5 second a lap faster than with stock pipe
re-run dyno with the pro-circuit ti -4 gp sytem 39 bhp and im 10 seconds a lap faster

weve put this down to where the power is being produced on each pipe ie bends flowing ect
now as a racer it can be the diffrence between first and second lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike allessi teting 2011 ktm 350 f   

Back to top Go down

Mike allessi teting 2011 ktm 350 f
Page 1 of 1