4thGearPinned
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog insurgery for shaun simpson Graffixsurgery for shaun simpson Dblogo

surgery for shaun simpson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
andy yzf
andy yzf

surgery for shaun simpson Empty
PostSubject: surgery for shaun simpson   surgery for shaun simpson Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:50 am

dated 3/11/09
source mx pure

Determined to be prepared 100% for next season, Shaun Simpson had surgery on his left shoulder last Friday. The routine op was to tighten up the ligaments in the shoulder which he dislocated in 2002 and again in 2006.

"I've been feeling some twinges sometimes when I've been swimming," explained the 21 year old Scot, "so I went back to Doctor Claes in Antwerp for a check-up. He treated me in 2006 and said then that it shouldn't bother me, but when he looked last week he advised me to have the ligaments tightened up and booked me in at the first available opportunity, which was last Friday. I just need to keep my arm in a sling for two to three weeks, and then I'll be fine."

The timing of the operation could not have been better. Shaun has now finished his riding commitments for this year and recently tested his 2010 GP bike in France, so his next serious outings will be the early season testing in Spain in January, followed by the big internationals at Mantova and Valence in February.

His last riding for this year was a promotion shoot together with fellow Red Bull athlete Dougie Lampkin, the multiple trials world champion: "We went to Armthorpe sand pits near Doncaster for the day. I taught Dougie some motocross techniques and he helped me with some general off-road stuff like riding over rocks. I had a couple of spills but it was fun, and then we went to watch the Scott trial together. The weather was miserable, but Dougie said that is normal up there at this time of the year."
Back to top Go down

surgery for shaun simpson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4thGearPinned :: General :: THE PADDOCK-
Jump to: